Federico Zerbetto – 17 years old – From Italy
- Why did you choose Finland? I didn’t know much about this place but i always liked cold, snow and nature. I’m sure every country in the world has something special in its own way, i just had a feeling about Finland, and now i’m here.
- What do you like to do on your free time? On my free time i mostly like to play the guitar, watch shows and spend time with my friends. Sometimes i pick (and drop after not much time) some sport. Sometimes i just do nothing or i just try some random hobby.
- What’s something that everybody should try in your country? Of course in Italy everybody should try all the amazing foods that we have. Most foreigners usually don’t even find out of some of the best, almost unknown outside Italy, foods.
- What’s something that everybody should know about your country? Everyone should know how many differences there are between every part of Italy, it is difficult even to think of them as the same country. This is a country with many amazing faces and an entire life would not be enough to see them all.
- What are your expectations for your year? For these six months my expectations are to discover most of this country. There are so many unique things to do, see, eat and live. I am here only for this, to experience something that I will never be able to experience in my life, going beyond being a mere tourist.
Cayla Derasp, Canada
- I choose Finland because there was a girl from Finland staying in my city for a year and gave me a presentation on Finland, this led me to pick Finland to go to on exchange.
- In my free time I enjoy hanging out with friends, shopping, and I enjoy taking part in musical theater productions.
- Something that everyone should try in my country is our famous food dish, poutine.
- Somethings that people should know about Canada is that it is a huge country, we are a multicultural nation, we have two official languages, and we love to say “eh” a lot.
- My expectation for this year is to hopefully learn a new language, try a lot of Finnish food, and to experience everything Finland has to offer.
Julien Francin, France
- Why did you choose Finland? Finland is a beautiful country with beautiful landscapes. The high teacher relationship also attracted me a lot.
- What do you like to do on your free time?I like to read, write, listen to music and visit.
- What’s something that everybody should try in your country? (food, activity..)
if you come to France you must add to the “fade”, you visit our many museums and you enjoy the beautiful French landscapes
- What’s something that everybody should know about your country? France is a country open to all and very friendly. these people are usually very smiling in enthusiastic
- What are your expectations for your year? for this year I hope to have a very good level of English and to be able to learn Finnish which fascinates me enormously. I would also like to meet new people with a lot of people
Jessie Herington, Australia
- Why did you choose Finland? I chose Finland for a few reasons. I wanted to go somewhere which had a very different culture and different language and somewhere a lot colder than Australia. I’ve also heard the education system is very good so would love to try it out and see how it differs to Australia. I also love all outdoors and loved the idea of Finland and all the forests and lakes and the whole country.
- What do you like to do in your free time? In my free time I love to do lots of things. I play lots of sport mainly afl (australian football league), tennis and netball. I also love going to the beach and hanging out with family and friends and spend heaps of time cooking as well as playing guitar and spending time outdoors.
- What’s something that everybody should try in your country? (food, activity..) Everyone should try surfing and then a bbq on the beach with sunset or cricket on the beach. Also try the sport afl and definitely miloo. Milo is the best thing and most Aussie kids would have it everyday. Also check out the Great Barrier Reef and the middle of Australia :))
- What are your expectations for your year? For my year I hope to make new friends, try many new things and have a big adventure. I also hope to try and learn the language and become more worldly and open minded and have a fun and memorable time.